The most popular data validation method currently utilized is known as Sampling (the other method being Minus Queries). The Sampling Method, also known as Stare & Compare, is well-intentioned, but is loaded with risk – the risk of not fully testing large data flows.
Sampling commonly uses the following process:
Primary Issue with Sampling or ‘Stare & Compare’
It is impossible to visually compare billions of data sets – hundreds of columns and millions of rows in 2 separate spreadsheets effectively.
The result of this method is that usually less than 1% of data is compared. Since many companies are using Business Intelligence (BI) to make strategic decisions in the hope of gaining a competitive advantage in a tough business landscape, bad data will cause them to make decisions that will cost their firms millions of dollars.
what the average organization loses annually because of bad data
22% estimated this annual loss resulting from bad data
4% put that figure at this astounding amount
The Benefits of QuerySurge
- Easily automate your manual testing effort for repeatability
- Provide testing across different platforms – data warehouses Hadoop and NoSQL stores, traditional databases, flat files, Excel, web services, json, XML and others
- Speed up testing up to 1,000 x while providing up to 100% data coverage
- Continuous Delivery — integrates an out-of-the-box DevOps solution for most Build, ETL & QA management software
- Deliver shareable, automated email reports and data health dashboards
- Provide a huge Return On Investment (ROI), as much as 1,600%