The Return On Investment (ROI) of Automated Data Testing
Making a business case for QuerySurge is easy with an ROI of 630% over 3 years!
QuerySurge Return On Investment (ROI) Calculation
Case Study: Fortune 50 Firm
With the assistance of our client, we were able to gather metrics to show the ROI of QuerySurge vs. testing without an automated data testing solution. The client previously used minus queries as the preferred test strategy.
This Case Study only takes into account ROI from a time/cost perspective of the same resources and not vs. head count redeployment or the impact of Bad Data.
QuerySurge vs. Manual Testing
(minus queries or sampling)
- 522 Tests (QueryPairs)
- 1,100,000 average rows
|Manual Testing using Minus Queries||Automated Testing with QuerySurge|
|Test Design Time for 522 Tests||348||$26,000||348||$26,000|
|2 QuerySurge Subscription Licenses||$11,493|
|Execution and Analysis Time Per Release||174||$13,050||8||$600|
|Totals after 1 Test Cycle||546||$40,050||357||$38,168|
|12 Cycles Per Year||2724||$194,600||456||$45,593|
|3 Year Project (36 Test Cycles)||7476||$531,800||672||$84,779|
(Test Design Time + Software Cost)
+ (Execution and Analysis Time + Report Creation)
× Number of Cycles
3‑year ROI = $534,600 (manual testing) / $84,779 (QuerySurge)= 630% ROI
This ROI calculation only calculates labor savings and does not take into account the inherent cost of bad data, which analyst firm Gartner states costs the average company $14 million annually.
- Increased data testing coverage from < 10% to upwards of 100%
- Decreased testing time by as much as 1,000 x over manual tests
- Provides data quality at speed
Return on Investment (ROI)
- Time savings over manual testing (minus queries, sampling, other methods)
- Redeployment of testing head count by upwards of 75%
- Increase in better data due to shorter/more thorough testing cycle
Additional Issues with Minus Queries
- Minus Queries are processed on either the source or the target data store, which can draw significantly on your database resources (CPU, memory, and hard drive read/write)
- Minus Queries only return failed data sets, thus there is no historical review, analysis, or audit trail of data from past testing
QuerySurge will help you:
- Continuously detect data issues in the delivery pipeline
- Dramatically increase data validation coverage
- Leverage analytics to optimize your critical data
- Improve your data quality at speed
- Provide a huge ROI
But don’t believe us (or our clients). Try it for yourself.
Check out our free trials and great tutorial