DevOps automates software development, testing and IT operations to shorten the development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates in alignment with the business’ objectives.
A DevOps-type of automated process for data, known as DevOps for Data or DataOps applies DevOps tools and techniques to data.
Continuous testing is the execution of automated tests that are triggered by another process and provide immediate feedback on risks.
Now the movement to incorporate a DevOps for Data or DataOps automated process for data stores has grown stronger.
The QuerySurge DevOps for Data Solution
QuerySurge, the smart data testing solution that automates validation & testing of critical data, is the first-of-its-kind full DevOps solution for continuous data testing.
With our new QuerySurge DevOps for Data release:
- Testers can choose between a Command Line API or a RESTful API
- Teams have access to 60+ API calls with almost 100 different properties
- Our Swagger documentation allows Testers to try QuerySurge’s RESTful API services to see the results before using them live in their code
- Testers can dynamically generate, execute, and update tests and data stores utilizing API calls
- QuerySurge integrates with virtually all DevOps solutions in the marketplace
QuerySurge DevOps for Data dramatically increases the automation in your current data testing practice and provides validation of your DataOps pipeline.
API Features Include the ability to create and modify:
- source and target test queries
- connections to data stores
- tests associated with an execution suite
- new staging tables from various data connections
- custom flow controls based on run results
QuerySurge DevOps for Data Use Cases
Below are a few examples of Use Cases for QuerySurge for DevOps. The Use Cases are practically endless as this release provides the flexibility to integrate your continuous testing process into your existing DevOps implementation.
Use Case Example #1
QuerySurge tests are automatically initiated after ETL execution completes and conditional logic is applied based on specific results of those executions.
Use Case Example #2
When new environments are deployed, new connections are automatically created in QuerySurge and tests are duplicated to test against this environment.
Use Case Example #3
QuerySurge tests automatically analyze and detect changes to the data store schemas and those changes are reflected in the tests.
QuerySurge will help you:
- Continuously detect data issues in the delivery pipeline
- Dramatically increase data validation coverage
- Leverage analytics to optimize your critical data
- Improve your data quality at speed
- Provide a huge ROI