Recent Survey: EDW, BI, and Data Quality
We recently performed a study of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence professionals at 207 companies interested in improving the level of data quality in their projects.
We found that many companies have no holistic view of the health of their corporate data. In other words, they have no view of the status of all of the data (verified and unverified) that is flowing through their applications. And corporate data is a strategic asset that is their company’s lifeblood.
In the study, we also found that:
- 29% of companies tested less than 1 percent of their data
- 33% had tested < 5 percent
- 58% had tested < 25 percent
- A whopping 84% of companies had tested less than 50 percent
According to Gartner...
The average organization loses $8.2 million annually through poor data quality, with 22% estimated their annual losses at $20 million and 4% put that figure as high as an astounding $100 million.
Some recent negative articles that hit the press include:
There is a real and significant risk - both financially and to a company's reputation (which will ultimately have a financial cost to it, whether through a stock hit, regulatory fine, law suit, or loss of sales) - to not having an organized, repeatable way to assure your company's greatest asset.
The Data Manager's Dream
- Have a systematic way to verify all data
- Verify the accuracy of all of your data – from its sources to its target systems – and identify any issues quickly
- View, manage and improve the health of your extremely valuable corporate data
QuerySurge fulfills that dream with insight into the health of your data throughout your organization. It allows for distributed use and provides you with a sharable status of your organization’s data quality and level of data maturity.
With QuerySurge, you can:
- improve your data quality
- accelerate your testing cycles
- reduce your costs & risks
- view and share information
QuerySurge helps your team coordinate your data quality initiatives while speeding up your development and testing cycles and finding your bad data. Why risk having your Business Intelligence identify trends and develop strategic initiatives when the underlying data is incorrect? QuerySurge reduces this risk.
See how we can help you. Contact us if your team would like a Demonstration of QuerySurge (1 hour).
To contact us about scheduling a demo of QuerySurge, click here