QuerySurge is the only testing tool built specifically to automate the testing of Data Warehouses and the ETL testing process. QuerySurge ensures that the data extracted from sources remains intact in the target by analyzing and pinpointing any differences.
Challenges we Solve
QuerySurge helps you:
- Test across different platforms, whether they are flat files, XML, or Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft, IBM or other databases / data warehouses.
- Automate the testing effort from the execution of tests to the comparison of all data to emailing the results to your team.
- Speed up testing by executing tests and comparing millions of result sets as much as 100 times faster than manually.
- Schedule tests to run anytime, whether it be right now, or every Tuesday at 8pm or when the ETL process is complete.
- View and share test results through our deep-dive reporting ability and our automated emailing of reports and notifications.
Roles & Uses
There are 4 major roles in your organization that perform the data testing that QuerySurge supports. They are:
ETL Testers who perform functional testing to provide quick feedback and also perform regression testing to verify existing code did not break.
ETL Developers who perform unit testing to determine whether new code works properly.
Operations teams who perform monitoring by executing sanity tests periodically.
Analysts who review and analyze data to verify mappings and correctness of failures.
These Roles can implement the following types of testing with QuerySurge:
- functional testing
- regression testing
- evaluating the accuracy of your tests to mappings and data analysis
- unit testing
- operational monitoring
The QuerySurge Process
The following steps demonstrate the simple process needed for QuerySurge:
- Create pairs of SQL queries (QueryPairs) – one aimed at the source database or file, one at the target data warehouse or data mart.
- Bundle groups of QueryPairs into Test Scenarios.
- Schedule Scenarios to run (a) immediately, (b) at a certain day and time or (c) automatically after an event
- Analyze and drill down into your results and identify bad data and data defects with our robust reporting engine.
- Have reports sent automatically via email to team members.
QuerySurge supports databases, data marts, data warehouses and flat files as either sources or targets. The following environments are currently supported:
- Aster Data
- In-Memory DB
- Flat files (delimited and fixed-width)
- any other JDBC-compliant database or data source
If you have any questions about supported environments, please contact us.